|Started playing golf with his father and brother in Andrews, TX...Older brother Mike is the golf coach at Abilene Christian...While playing golf at UNLV, worked at a coffee shop with other teammates to earn spending money...Has there holes-in-one during competitive rounds...Voted by his peers as "player most likely to win a major" in 2003 issue of Sports Illustrated...Avid Dallas Cowboys fan...Among several charitable initiatives, spent time at the 2009 HP Byron Nelson Championship with a group of students from the J. Erik Jonsson Community School, a school which meets the educational needs of low-income children and their families.|
2007 Viking Classic
- Member of the 2008, 2006 & 2004 Ryder Cup Teams
- 2001 Nationwide Tour Battlefield Promotion and Money List Leader
- In 1996, Chad and the UNLV Golf Team finished second at the NCAA Championships.
- After Leading most of the week, Chad lost in a playoff in the 2009 Masters.
On a Side Note
- Chad won the 2001 Nationwide Permian Basin Open in front of family and his home town.
- Mike Campbell, Chad’s brother, is the head golf coach at Abilene Christian University.
- While at UNLV, Chad and his teammates earned spending money by working at a coffee shop.
- Chad and his wife Amy live in Colleyville, Texas. They have two sons, Grayson and Dax.
- After Chad’s battlefield promotion in 2001 he had the lead at the Jackson, MS Tour Event (now named The Viking Classic) only to finish second. In 2007, he avenged that loss with a win at the Viking Classic.
- Chad had the lead going into Sunday at the 2006 Masters and eventually finished 3rd.
- Chad was honored to play with Arnold Palmer for the first two rounds at the 2004 Bay Hill Invitational. He eventually went on to win the tournament.
- The 2003 PGA Championship, showcased Chad and Shaun Micheel in one of the most memorable duels in golf.
- In 2000, Chad captured 8 out of the first 16 events on the NGA Tour en route to the seasons money title.